The Link... Neighbors For Life
An ambulance transport can cost you an average of $2,200. Most insurance providers expect you to pay 20% or more of the ambulance bill. The LINK can help supplement or fill the financial gap. Likewise, if you are in a vehicle accident, and your insurance does not cover the cost of fire department incidentals, you will not be billed for uncovered incidentals. You receive the same extraordinary level of care without the burden of a large bill afterwards.
- Home visits after hospitalization by paramedics: for help with medical equipment, medications, or care needed
- Blue reflector sign: one reflective address sign per Link member
- Smoke Alarm experts: firefighters will change batteries (supplied by Fire & EMS) in Link member's smoke alarms upon request
- Burn Ban notifications: you will be e-mailed when burn ban goes on... and when burn ban goes off
- Vote in the elections for the Bulverde Spring Branch Fire & EMS Board of Directors
- High Water Alerts: Link members e-mailed Comal County Engineers flood indicator map
- Exclusive invitations: to grand openings, unveilings, celebrations, etc.
- "Live long and happily in Comal County": through interactive events
Click the button below to purchase your Link membership. You may elect a one (1) year length of membership, or you may choose additional year lengths of two (2) or three (3) at a discounted cost.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click on any of the questions to expand the answer
Is this an individual fee or a household fee?
The Link membership program benefits you, your spouse and anyone living permanently in the home. The $95 fee is per household
Is the Link membership program insurance?
The Link is not insurance, but is in addition to any secondary insurance or medical benefits you may already have
I am on Medicare. Can I use The Link membership program?
The ambulance discount would not be a benefit but all other benefits apply
Does my Link membership waive my deductible?
In most cases we accept your insurance payment and bill you no additional. If you have a high deductible or no insurance, you will receive a 60% discount off your ambulance bill.
Do you offer senior discounts?
All of the free and discounted programs are for all ages. We are interested in the well-being of all our neighbors
Why don't my taxes already cover this type of service?
The taxes you pay, via your Emergency Services District, fund around 75% of our annual budget. The Link is one of our proactive programs to supplement the "bare essentials" with advanced technologies and services that are vital to our mission to provide world-class care for all members of our community.